Weekly Newsletter (October 5-9)

0

Posted by MrLynch | Posted in Weekly Newsletter | Posted on October 3, 2015

The entire fifth grade goes to Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts on Friday. Students need to bring a lunch, and there is a good chance they will carry it around for a while so I recommend a tiny backpack (like the drawstring ones). For this trip, I also suggest that everything is disposable so students have less to carry after lunch. Sturbridge is a large property and there is a lot of walking. Sneakers are a must. Electronics are allowed on the bus, but once we arrive at the village, the electronics must disappear. Finally, there will not be any gift shop visits so money is not needed.

We finished the first math unit on Friday. Students will work on a Review Packet in school on Monday, finish it up for homework, review in class on Tuesday, and take the test on Wednesday. I also offer an optional, extra math review on Wednesday morning at 7:30 AM for anyone who wishes to attend. The first session is usually filled with hoards of angry children forced to attend. Based on past experience, once they realize it’s actually very helpful, the majority will actually want to come back for future review sessions. There are a few math videos on the math section of this website pertaining to the unit, but I also shared with students (in their Google Classroom account) a large collection of fun math games related to the unit. Just by playing them, they will be doing a form of studying.

funny-house-hd-wallpaper-0

Upcoming Events

Sturbridge Village – Friday, October 9

More Than Money Conference – Friday, October 30

Parent/Teacher Conferences – Thursday, December 3 – Friday, December 4

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar