Weekly Newsletter (February 8-12)

0

Posted by MrLynch | Posted in Weekly Newsletter | Posted on February 5, 2016

We made it to February without a delay, early dismissal, or school cancellation. (Yeah, I know – I just ruined it by putting it in writing.)

Well, that’s what I wrote last week, and yup… definitely ruined it. With Friday being a snow day, we missed out on our journey to Pine Grove to meet up with our Book Buddies. Hopefully, we’ll be able to reschedule that soon. 

Students will be giving their American Revolution speeches on Wednesday and Thursday this week. Parents are invited, and a detailed list of speech days/times was e-mailed home (and is available on each student’s Google Classroom account). Parents who attend are asked to only enter the classroom in between speeches (during the pictures or transition time) so students aren’t distracted by the door opening while giving their speech. More detailed information could be found in the American Revolution Speech Packet 2016.

We are currently working on math Unit 5 – Add and Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators. Up until last week we spent a lot of time on general fraction review (using a lot of hands on activities). On Monday we will dive into the newer concepts of actually adding fractions with unlike denominators. An example of this is adding 2/3 + 3/4, and then moving on to adding mixed numbers. Students have access to playing related math games on their Google Classroom accounts (from a page of links I created), and they could also use Front Row at home.

a-snow-days-funny-school-pictures

Upcoming Events

Science Center Field Trip – Friday, February 26

Nathan Hale Field Trip – Friday, May 20

Last Day of School – Wednesday, June 8 (with one snow day)

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar